Satisfy your sweet tooth with these chocolate-covered strawberries that have less than 150 calories per serving. They make an easy, romantic dessert too!
Total Time: 41 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 1 min.
Yield: 10 servings, 2 strawberries each
20 medium strawberries (about 1 lb.)
9 oz dark chocolate morsels (or chopped semi-sweet chocolate)
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1. Wash strawberries; dry completely. Set aside.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment (or waxed) paper. Set aside.
3. Place morsels and oil in microwave-safe container. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds; stir; microwave for an additional 30 to 45 seconds or until just melted. Do not overcook. Set aside.
4. Hold a strawberry by leaf, dip into melted chocolate; lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberry on parchment paper. Repeat with remaining strawberries.
5. Set strawberries aside for 30 minutes, or until chocolate hardens.
Hi I'm Kelly Richards Mulloy a stay at home mom of 6. I am on a journey to change my life inside and out. Health and fitness, staying young, join me.