Thanksgiving is right around the corner and as a holiday that focuses primarily on eating, (and gratitude, of course) it can be extremely difficult to stick to your health goals.
However, we have a solution (don’t we always?) that will allow you to stay on point with your nutrition without stuffing yourself—let’s leave that to the turkey only.
We have a Shakeology Pumpkin Pie that only takes 10 minutes to cook. It combines dense nutrition with your holiday favorite—now that’s something to be grateful for this year!
What You Need For The Crust
What You Need For The Pie
What You Do For The Crust
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Grind quinoa in a clean spice or coffee grinder until finely ground.
3. Place quinoa, walnuts, and cinnamon in a food processor; pulse until well mixed.
4. Combine quinoa mixture, butter, and maple syrup in a medium bowl; mix well
5. Press mixture into 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely!)
What You Do For The Pie
1. Place ½ cup almond milk in small saucepan
2. Heat over low heat mixing frequently until gelatin is dissolved; remove from heat
3. Combine remaining ½ cup almond milk, gelatin mixture, Shakeology, pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in blender or food processor; cover and blend until smooth.
4. Pour pumpkin mixture into cooled crust.
5. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Hi I'm Kelly Richards Mulloy a stay at home mom of 6. I am on a journey to change my life inside and out. Health and fitness, staying young, join me.